One of the ways that you can practice mindfulness is by constantly repeating affirmations and mantras to yourself daily. What you say, becomes your reality. So why not feed/say things that will allow your mind to flourish?
What is an affirmation?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts.
When creating an affirmation you should:
1. Start with "I AM" as much as possible
2. Use present tense
3. Keep it short and sweet
4. Make the affirmations about you and not others
5. Be specific
6. Focus on what it is that you want and not what you don't want in your life.
I consider Louise Hay one of the best out there when it comes to affirmations and countless words of wisdom. (You are missing out if you have not read her book, "You Can Heal Your Own Life") Below you will find examples of some of my favorite affirmations from the great Louise Hay.
Examples of affirmation:
1. Life loves me!
2. All is well in my world. Everything is working out for my highest good. Out of this situation only good will come. I am safe!
3. It’s only a thought, and a thought can be changed.
4. The point of power is always in the present moment.
5. Every thought we think is creating our future.
6. I am in the process of positive change.
7. I am comfortable looking in the mirror, saying, “I love you, I really love you.”
8. It is safe to look within.
9. I forgive myself and set myself free.
10. As I say yes to life, life says yes to me.
Once you get the hang of it you will be affirming and transforming your life daily!